Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Challenge and a Sketch

This week's Design Team challenge was hosted by Kathy and she challenged us to use transparencies on our layouts, and secure them with LOTS of eyelets! Well, I am not an eyelet gal, I found I only had three basic colours to choose from - silver, black, and white - but I had A LOT of transparencies so I was up for the challenge!


I used two identical 12"x12" transparencies by Best Creations and layered them over Honey coloured cardstock by Close To My Heart. I added some white acrylic paint along the outside edges of the layout as well, and hammered down eyelets wherever I could!!




Always fun to get your hands alittle dirty, and what better way than by adding some acrylic paint to your layout?! Here I added it along the outside of my title piece to help make it stand out more against such a busy background. Oh, and more eyelets!






I think I definately made the quota for eyelets here! This is my favourite photo of Derek now too - he just looks so cool, doesn't he?!



This is the third Weds. of the month so over at Let's Scrap that means it's time for a card sketch by the talented Miss Debby!



I've been known to turn the card sketches into a layout, but since I have a few Thank You cards I needed to make, this was a great sketch to get me started! Here is my take, using all CTMH products:



Happy Scrappin'!
Andie :-)

No comments: