Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gettin' My Scrap On . . . again!

Whoo hoo!!! I'm so excited to announce that I made the Design Team for Let's Scrap again! I was away on holidays for the last two weeks, so am a little behind with this announcement - already into the second week of my second term! but I'm still super excited and had to share :-) If you are not already a member of this fantastic site . . . SIGN UP now! You'll love it, the sketches are da' bomb, and the inspiration from all the talented peeps is off da' hook! (my apologies, folks, too much SYTYCD tonight!). www.letsscrap.ning.com - go there now, just sayin'.

This first sketch was the Design Team application:



Another great sketch for some coveted bathtub pix of my kiddies! Love that "Snorkel" line from Cosmo Cricket, just too cute!



Week Two, the talented Miss Cheri blows my mind again with this FUN number:



Since I am still working to finish my 2008 Disney trip album, I instantly thought of these photos for this sketch:



added a little sticker fun to the subtitle quote, and made some "grass" to highlight the backyard aspect - one of my favourite 3D looks to add to cards or layouts cuz it's super simple, just a strip of green cardstock and snip, snip, snip along one side, then crumple or curl the ends, viola!



always great to use up some alphabets from misc. sets :-)



another super simple technique to add some dimension to cardstock is the direct to paper inking. Here I took my Cranberry ink pad and laid it on my Cranberry cardstock and just rubbed around and around till the CS was covered. *hint, if you crumple your CS first then you can get a nice leathery look!



Happy Scrappin'!
Andie :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer Payami said...

These are super cute layouts. Looks like you have lots of fun!