Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Page Maps Sketch from Let's Scrap!

This month over at Let's Scrap, they are hosting a month long contest using a Page Maps sketch by the uber-talented, Becky Fleck! The prize is a whole TON o' goodies from Enmarc, and I just HAD to throw my hat in the ring for this one! If you're interested head on over to www.letsscrap.ning.com and check it out, you still have time to get in your submission before Aug.31st!!

Here is the sketch:




My first take on this great sketch is my DD in her Angel costume last Halloween. I just loved the dark blue velvet on the front of the dress and wanted to play off of that, plus I had picked up the title ages ago!




Well, what scrapbooker doesn't have a HUGE stash of pretty flowers?! I have an overflowing bin of them (and this does not stop me from buying more!) so it was great to put some to use here on this layout. I've used a mix of flowers from different companies too, but I really love all the blue's together - doesn't it look heavenly?!




This title I got from Michael's on clearance awhile back. I knew I would use it for these halloween photos as soon as I saw it. The Thickers are "Glass Slippers" and I thought that totally fitting as well :-)




Awhile back I had this obsession with journalling tags/blocks/spots, you name it - if you could journal on it and plunk it down onto a page I bought it! Now, if you knew how many journalling stamp sets I owned, you'd really wonder why I had to buy ANY journalling tags! Anyhow, here I finally used ONE of my many MME journalling tags, "Once Upon A Time":




I enjoyed this sketch so much I did two layouts back to back last night! Here is the second one:




Probably my favourite part of this entire layotu is the title - I LOVE these corrogated cardboard letters by Jillybean Soup!! I have been afraid to use them cuz I like them so much - typical scrapper thing to do, hey?!




Part of my undertaking with these layouts was to use up some of my CTMH stash - the big one of course being the felt circle, but also these My Stickease that match the pattern paper, Twitterpated. I loved the mushrooms and bunnies and thought they depicted the overall cuteness of my two babies on ponies :-)
Also, I put a circle sticker over the one ponies behind because it had a heart shaved into it! My DD loved that!


And I finally put my Sew Easy tool to some use here as well! Going to have to add to my colour selection of thread now, this was a fun tool to play with :-)



Thank you for dropping by my scrap happy site!
Happy Scrappin'!
Andie :-)

4 comments:

Kristine Ponte said...

great pictures and details Andie! isn't that PageMaps sketch the best! love it too!

~mindi~ said...

I love the blues on the first LO and that title is fab!

Andie said...

First PageMaps sketch I'd done in awhile, forgot how much I loved them :-)
Thanks, ladies!

Margaret said...

Isn't this a great sketch??? You worked it beautifully - both sets!! Love those blue flowers - just make the page stand out!