Sunday, October 9, 2011

Catch Up!!

Wow, I'm a bit behind on posting these days! Been a busy few weeks, what can I say. But I'd love to show you what I've been up too, just prepare for a loooonnnnng post!

Last weekend was BC Crop for Kids retreat in Abbotsford. I have attended this event in the past, but this year I was honoured to take part as both a sponsor and a teacher - what FUN!!! On the Friday night I set up a table with my Paper Candie Designs and a make n' take and was overwhelmed with the great response to my product and the many new friends I made! I am already looking forward to next year!

Then on the Sunday (I had to take the Saturday off for my little man's 4th birthday!)I was thrilled to teach a layout workshop sponsored by Bryan at Paper Nation Stationery and Craft Company. Using treeless paper imported from India, here are the two double page layouts we made:






There were a few of these workshop kits still available too, so if you are interested, contact Bryan for workshop dates!!

The theme for this year's event was Through the Decades. There was a costume contest on Saturday night (that I'm truly bummed I missed seeing!!), where attendees were invited to dress up in the era of their choice, ie. 50',70's, 80's. I designed this page kit to go along with this theme of the weekend, entitled "Celebrate Moments in Time". The kit could be used with photos take that weekend or with any photos you chose!

Paper line used was Echo Park's "For the Record". Full colour instructions included in the kit.









I have 5 kits still available for $15/each. 10% of proceeds will still go to BC Crop for Kids! If you are interested in an individual kit or a workshop for all 5, please contact me at papercandiedesigns@gmail.com.


This was my make n' take item. 35 wonderfully talented ladies joined me on the Friday night to make this 2.5"x3.5" altered photo frame, and it was a TON of fun!! The make n' take was by donation and THANKS to all who contributed towards the final tally of $90 :-)




Lastly, an item I was particularly proud of, this 12"x12" canvas I made for the BC Crop for Kids Silent Auction. It sold for $45 :-)



Happy Scrappin'!!
Andie :-)

2 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

So impressed with your design style! Your creativity is always on the edge of "trendy," yet retains a good sense of balance. You are a true artist!

Andie said...

Kay, you are great for a gals ego :-) Thank you!