Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ok, probably a dumb question, but do you blog surf??  You know, sit for hours "surfing" thru blogs either for inspiration or just to kill time?  I'm sure we're all guilty of this, but my question to you is this - do you READ everything that these inspirational peeps write on their posts or do you simply scroll thru all the pretty stuff???  I confess, I do not often read the posts - should I feel guilty for this?  I LOVE the creative inspiration I get from surfing, but do not often take the time to read or comment and I guess I'm having a wave of guilt for this.  So if you are reading this and have a blog of your own a) chances are I'm following you too! and b) THANK YOU for inspiring me :-)
That being said, this is also why I try to keep what I have to say to a minimum!  In keeping with that, here are a couple layouts I just finished for Let's Scrap's International Scrapbooking Month challenges:

Here is the sketch for Challenge #17:


And here is my interpretation using Simple Stories "100 Days of Summer" line:



For the hexagons I am not lucky enough to own a hexagon punch, so I printed a template that another Let's Scrap member kindly provided, and I cut all these by hand!  Not the funnest (yes, it's a word!) job, but I'm quite happy with the end result so I'll say it was worth the effort :-)


Here is a close up of the journalling:


And once again, me having way too many photos of any given moment and afraid to throw any away, I added a memory protector Flip Flap by CTMH to add two more photos.  It really was quite the task to get all 8 kids to sit together and sit still long enough for a decent photo - thank goodness for digital!!!


Next is a layout I did for Elizna's challenge #12 - using a Let's Scrap sketch, a banner, and a Bingo card.  Again, this Simple Stories paper line was perfect for just that!





Thanks to all the fabulous scrappy peeps who helped organize the challenges this month at Let's Scrap - You Rock!!

One last layout I just had to share, based on this sketch from last week:


This is my beautiful girl, Jess, from last year's "Cutest Kid" contest - it was a country theme:





I have had this CTMH paper forever and loved it too much to toss or give away, so I'm sooooo happy I finally found a use for it!

Thanks for stopping by my scrap happy place today!
Happy Scrappin'!

Andie :-)

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful and creative. Stunning layouts and takes on the sketches.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Marit said...

Haa.. I've never been to your blog (got here by blog-surfing, indeed) but you say there's a change that you are following me! Now that is nice to hear!! (and yes.... I do read the posts too) I thought you deserve a comment for that - so here you go!