Monday, April 8, 2013

Are You A NERD??!!

Tee hee!  I'm still giggling over the name of the new CANADIAN scrapbook site I came across last week - Scrapbook Nerd!!  If you haven't already stumbled across this gem click HERE and check it out - did I mention it's Canadian?!  It is an online scrapbook community with chat forums and art galleries, and it is also an online STORE!!  Me thinks they will soon have my credit card memorized ;-)  I believe anyone, anywhere can join, but I always love to support a Canadian company if I can.  So check it out, and if you decided to sign up and join in on the fun just getting started there, be sure to say that Paper Candie sent you ;-)

Currently Scrapbook Nerd is a sponsor for Creative Scrappers for a sketch challenge right now - you can win a $25 GC for Scrapbook Nerd online store by creating a layout using Creative Scrappers sketch and posting a link to it.  And if you also post your layout in Scrapbook Nerd plus at least two other creations you could win a $20 GC for the online store with Scrapbook Nerd's Create and Win challenge this month!  So many chances to win!!!

And if you head on over to Use Your Stuff blog, this sketch is Challenge #79 :-)

Here is the sketch supplied by Creative Scrappers:


And here is my take - I flipped the sketch upside down to best accommodate my photo (ugly egg on left hand side of photo covered by paper egg!), and to use the Easter banner for my title :-)




See the little froggie??  One of my last whimsy's from My Little Bit of Whimsy!  I use these sparingly since MLBOW closed down - hopefully only temporarily!


And since my hubby is away on business and my evenings need to be occupied by something . . . ha ha - I also got this week's Let's Scrap sketch done!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my layout - which let me tell you, was a challenge for me!  I am not really used to so much white space (or red space in this instance!) and it was tough to just leave it and not fill it with bits and pieces!  I may still go back to it - maybe spritz it with some ink!  Ha, even as I type this I can hear Sandra from The Memory Workshop saying "stick it down and move on!"



Have been hoarding these pretty little metal embellies from Bo Bunny for awhile, they went well with the My Mind's Eye papers I think :-)



A little bit of sanding on the edges of the photos helped them stand out against the red background, and some faux stitching around the main photo, and that's all she wrote!

I have hauled almost all my scrapbook supplies up to the kitchen from the basement, and I hope to get some serious scrapping done this week while hubby is away!  So you may see me back here a few times this week!

Thanks for visiting and please leave me some love in the comments - I love visitors!  (especially on my blog, cuz it's WAY cleaner than my house!!).

Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, Andrea. Thanks for the shout out for us.
I love your take on the sketch. It's so fun!!
Thanks for playing along on the Use Your Stuff challenge and for the shout out for the Nerds.

Val Thorpe said...

Hi honey, gorgeous blog and amazing work.. You rock and you have a new follower. Looking forward to an amazing term with you :D

Andrea Green said...

Thanks, ladies!! So glad I found you guys, Barbara and looking forward to playing along in more challenges! And Val, me too, me too!!!

Joy said...

I really like your take on the sketch Andrea. Totally cute layout! Thank you so much for linking Scrapbook Nerd in your post. We really appreciate it :)