Monday, April 22, 2013

Blowing Kisses and Making Chevron Arrows!

So after posting the trick I found on Pinterest the other day - making dove tail tags with a square punch - I decided to take it a step further and see if I could make my own chevron arrows . . . and it worked :-)  But first, lets start from the beginning of the page . . .

I have had this photo of my kids for a year now and just love it.  They got these whistle lips in a party loot bag and as loud as they were, they were great entertainment for them for quite awhile, and I couldn't resist the cute photo opp :-)  Anyhow, I have been wanting to scrap it for awhile now and finally found some paper in my stash that I liked to go with it, some Studio Calico.  Loved the little birdie on this postcard, but didn't see the postcard as part of my page . . .


So I cut out the birdie . . .


and used the rest of the postcard as a photo matte :-)


Then, I should mention most of the Studio Calico paper I had  was scraps from a kit that I had already made a few pages from, so following a sketch wasn't so easy . . . so I just wung it and started layering away till I was happy with the result :-)


Here is where the idea for trying the chevron arrows came into play.  I like to use as much of my scraps as possible, which includes the strip of paper you cut off the bottom of your pattern paper sometimes.  In the above photo you'll see I used the bar code under the birdie, and then I used the rest of the strip and made the chevron arrows.



I used a glue pen to stick  them down, then did some faux stitching over top of them to add that extra pop!  I'm sure you could make them a little bigger and even use some 3D foam tape to pop them up too, or layer them a few times, the ideas are endless, just play!!


Close up of the title, using two different Thickers - also stash that's been around for awhile!!







When I was all done putting the page together, I decided it needed something more and pulled out my chocolate ink to do some splattering . . . note to self - be sure to cover your photo before doing so!!  Oh well, a little ink splatter on the photo didn't end up looking so bad :-)

Hope you enjoyed my little page building demo and in honour of Earth Day, I hope it inspires you to make use of more of your scraps!

A few more photos I'd like to share before signing off . . . today is not only Earth Day, but it is also my 13th Wedding Anniversary!


And this past weekend was my daughter's first dance competition.  She was a little nervous but also very excited, as she has been dancing for 5 years now.

Her first dance was group Jazz, and they received a Silver!!


 Her second dance was novice group Tap, and they received a GOLD!!!


She was so happy and proud of herself, and we were so very proud of her!!!  The roses were from her little brother :-)

Thanks for stopping by my scrap happy place today, please be sure to comment and leave some love so I know you were here, and can follow your blog if I don't already :-)

Happy Scrappin'!!

ANDIE :-)

1 comment:

jacque4u2c said...

Love how everything came together! Great jib on using all the different scraps and pieces. I just celebrated my 14th anniversary on the 17th.