Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SPLAT!!! and SKETCHY!

Sounds like a cartoon, right?!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!  It is Wednesday which means there is a new sketch up at Let's Scrap, and it's a card sketch.


I was on my black and white kick when I did this one :-)  It is on sale via my Paper Candie Designs facebook page HERE.




The Design Team is also gearing up for National Scrapbooking Month next month and there are over 31 challenges to participate in, including sketches over and above the weekly Wednesday sketch!!!  I've been around for two NSD at Let's Scrap now and let me tell you, it is a TON of fun!!!  So if you haven't joined already, or maybe have but haven't really checked us out yet - now is the time to do so!!


One other sketch I got a chance to work with and finish up with last night, was the April Sketchy Challenge over at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's site.  I've just joined their gallery and this is the first layout I've posted, but so far really impressed with the inspiration and talent there!  And it's Canadian so everyone is really nice, eh?!!  (I know, I know, I am not a funny person but I try!).  Here is the sketch:


And here is my take, using Basic Grey's "Oliver" paper:



I ran out of adhesive last night - gasp!! - so had to head to my local scrapbook store today to re-stock, and while heading out my eye caught sight of the Tim Holtz Distress ink set-up . . . sooooo I HAD to grab something!  Bought me some Vintage Photo distress stain to SPLAT!!  away on my layouts and cards now! One of the other Design Team members over at Let's Scrap, Val Thorpe, has done a few layouts using this SPLAT! technique and I just LOVE it!!!  Can't wait to try it myself, thanks, Val :-)
**  Check out Val's blog HERE to see her amazing work and leave her some love!



Ba dee, ba dee, ba dee, dddddaaatt's all folks!!

Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)

No comments: