Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring is in the Air!

Ok, so maybe it doesn't quite look like Spring outside MY window - still a fair amount of snow to melt down and apparently we are still in for some more this week (where is that darn groundhog, we need to speak!), but inside I've been diggin' out my Spring photos and scrap supplies to brighten life up :-)

Using last weeks sketch over at Let's Scrap and a mix of some Bella Blvd products, I did a layout of my DD' second (and last!) cross-country meet.  Like me, she suffers from asthma, so running does not come easy to her, but she really wanted to try running club in Grade 1.  Her first meet in the Fall she placed 23rd and this Spring one she placed 18th!  She was so proud of herself and we were so proud of her too!  Sadly since she suffered a pretty bad attack after both races, despite being pro-active using her puffers before the race, she decided to stop running club.  Our hopes are that we'll get her asthma under control and she can start running again, hopefully this Fall when she starts Gr.4 :-)

Anyhow, here is the sketch:


And my layout:


Loved the chipboard horse leftover from my sheet of "Lucky Charm" stickers by Dear Lizzy :-)
I fussy cut the black and white speech  bubbles from a sheet of Bella Blvd. paper, and the coloured speech bubbles are from Simple Stories "SN@P!" collection.




Next I wanted to share with you the latest layout I have posted for sale thru Paper Candie Designs:


This 12"x12" double page layout is $12 (plus shipping) and features Echo Park and Bella Blvd spring papers and stickers.  Just looking at these bright and cheerful colours and patterns makes me feel happy and hopefully for Spring to roll it's way in SOON!!!




To purchase this layout or see more from Paper Candie Designs click HERE or message me at papercandiedesigns@gmail.com

Lastly, I shall leave you with this week's sketch from Let's Scrap, which I hope to tackle tonight :-)


Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)

No comments: