Friday, April 19, 2013

Two Birds, One Stone . . . or Layout!

Well apparently I am really into challenging myself these days and have found and joined a few more scrap happy sites!  Was feeling in a bit of a rut with my scrapbooking so I am really enjoying the inspiration I'm getting from these sites and the AMAZING peeps there.  There is definately something to be said for the sisterhood of scrapbookers/crafters!!!

Now the best part is I was able to combine two challenges into one layout!  I took on my first "Case" over at C.S.I. - Case File #67 (What a super cool idea for a challenge site, to "solve" the case you following the scheme, evidence, testimony, etc.!!) - and here is the sketch they provided:




And the "Scheme":


You have to use the five colours and then draw inspiration from the photo, using elements in it.  Here is my "Case File" - hoping I "Solved" it :-)



I was also able to use this layout for the current Use Your Stuff #80 challenge - using a song title or part of lyrics as your title.  This was easy to do with this pic of my son, Tyler - the kid talks non-stop!!  So right away the title "Yakety Yak" came to mind!  Ever since starting pre-school he is just a sponge for information and he feels it's his duty to educate the rest of us I think!  Oh, and don't try to tell him he got any of his facts wrong - he takes after his Daddy here, always has to be right!!  Silly boys, they just don't get it ;-)  tee hee!

Here are a few close ups of the layouts details:





Thanks for stopping by my scrap happy place, be sure to leave me some love so I know you were here and can follow you if I don't already!!

Happy Scrappin'!!

ANDIE :-)

6 comments:

Joy said...

Love the doodles and fussy cut embellishments. That is a super cute photo. So glad you could join us on the Use Your Stuff blog this week :)

Andrea Green said...

Thanks, Joy! It was a good challenge :-)

Vallarie Clegg said...

OK this is really cute...I love the bright colors...just don't use them too much in my layouts...I'll have to rethink and add more color.

http://scrappinvall.blogspot.com/

Andrea Green said...

Thanks, Vallarie!! Going to check out your blog now!!

Patti said...

Nice Job. Like Valerie, I don't use a lot of bright colors....heck I don't use much in the way of scrapbooking anymore. Just sold the house, so looking forward to getting a home soon and hoping for a new room I can call my own!! :-)

Andrea Green said...

Oh, Patti, that would be nice! I miss my scrap room - I'm stuck in the basement now :-( But a nice cool spot to scrap in the summer so not too bad I suppose :-)