Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Best NSD Ever!!!

As all you scrappy folks know, this past Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day - squeeeee!!!! - and this year I "booked" the day off with hubby and the kids and locked myself in my craft area for 12 hours!!!  I turned on my country music, logged in to two online crops, and happily scrapped the day away :-)

At first I planned on scrapping along with Scrapbook Nerd and Let's Scrap, but last minute decided to enroll in Big Picture Classes Creative Crop, and since Let's Scrap's challenge are on for the whole month of May, I put them on temporary hold for the weekend.  Both Scrapbook Nerd and Big Picture Classes put fourth (May the 4th, get it, tee hee!) 10 challenges.  Of the 20 total challenges I got 15 done!!  Yes, I am impressed with myself and have patted myself on the back a few times already, I am not so humble ;-)

Both sites did an AMAZING job with their online crops and the inspiration was incredible!!  I'll have scraplifting material for months now!

The first challenge was an Early Bird Challenge from Scrapbook Nerds on Friday, and was a scraplift from one of the admins.  This was my version:


The next layout I combined two challenges - Scrapbook Nerds challenge to use no pattern paper, and BPC's challenge to hand journal.  Since I always hand journal, I changed it up by not using journalling lines:


This next layout also combines challenges - Scrapbook Nerds provided a sketch and specified the use of paint/ink/mist and a mask/template, and Big Picture Classes challenge to take a creative hike and try something new, which for me was using paint, random embellishing and only one small photo.


Scrapbook Nerd also had a second part to the above challenge, to make a card out of scraps from the layout:


Challenge #3 at Scrapbook Nerd was to create a card or cards with a focus on flowers:




Again another combination of challenges - Scrapbook Nerds colour palette and photo inspiration, and Big Picture Classes sketch and to scrap someone or something you love.  I love my DD's sense of style :-)


One of my favourite challenges by the Nerds was "May the 4's Be With You" - a site named Scrapbook Nerd HAD to celebrate Nerd Day in some way too!!  The challenge was to scrap a layout with as many groupings of 4's you could, ie. 4 brads, 4 stickers, 4 pieces of twine, etc.  I lost count of how many 4's I had, but it was enough to win the prize for this challenge so I was a happy girl :-)  Got one more of my MANY camping moments scrapped too!


Final challenge at Scrapbook Nerd was on Sunday evening and was a One Hour layout challenge based on a sketch.  This was an awesome challenge!!  Amazed at what everyone, including myself, produced in just an  hour!!


Last but not least, was a challenge by BPC to use a pocket page panel to include more photos on your layout.  I used a 6"x12" Flip Flap Memory Protector from CTMH and got 8 more photos to this layout:



 Here is the layout with the flap up:



 So there you have it, my very productive NSD weekend :-)  Already looking forward to next year!

A HUGE Thank You to both Scrapbook Nerd and Big Picture Classes for amazing online crops!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!

ANDIE :-)


4 comments:

Val Thorpe said...

OMG Lady you are a scrapping machine. I love all of these layouts. Fab work x

Eniko said...

Andie, your NSD challenges came out great! I combined the Big Picture Classes with some Let's Scrap sketches & DT Challenges. Double your pleasure/double your fun, right? I especially like the "Hop on Pop" layout with all the fun Washi & playful colors & I also think the card out of scraps was a very cool challenge. I didn't know about Scrapbook Nerd, but will check them out. Great work!

ericarose said...

WOW!! You scrapped your butt off girl!! Awesome projects!!

Isbaha said...

Beautiful layout, especially love the dog one.