Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy National Scrapbooking Month!!!

I cannot believe it is May already!!  Crazy!

First big news - a week ago today my Nephew, Coleton James Marshall arrived into the world!!!  This makes me an Auntie for the 5th time and I am sooooo excited!  He is just gorgeous, with a head full of dark hair and cheeks I wish I was close enough to to squish :-)  Now we are just counting down the days till we can meet him this summer, and for now rely on daily photos from my sister, the proud new Momma :-)

Next, tomorrow is National Scrapbooking Day!!!  Whoot!  Whoot!!  I am handing the kids over to Daddy tomorrow and locking myself into my dungeon that is my craft room ALL DAY and NIGHT!!!!  Got my Coca Cola and Reese Pieces to keep me full of sugar and caffeine and my grapes to balance it out a bit (ha ha!) and I'm heading down there after the kids are in bed to tidy up and organize so I'm ready to go first thing tomorrow morning (or late tonight!).
I'll be following along with at least two online sites for NSD - first of course will be Let's Scrap, as part of their DT I'll be posting and hosting a challenge tomorrow - will try to get it posted here too but probably not till Monday (runs all month at Lets Scrap).  If you'd like to join in on the month long fun of challenges, sketches, and games click HERE: 


In addition to the festivities at Let's Scrap, I will be attempting to join in on some challenges over at Scrapbook Nerd for their first ever NSD celebrations!  If you'd like to join in on that fun with me, click HERE and head on over to the forum!



If for some reason these two sites do not keep me busy enough (ha ha!) you know that there is a ton of others celebrating this weekend too!!!  Or check out the sales at your Local Scrapbook Store!!!

Let's Scrap has their regular weekly sketch up also:


I love a sketch that holds multiple photos like this!  I'm not very good at paring down my photos so the more I can include on one page the better!  This sketch was perfect for some beach pics last summer and some scraps I had leftover from Echo Park's "Summer Days" - nice and bright and cheerful, my fav!!


Made some washi tape flags with some tooth pics too!


This one won't turn right side up, but you get the point - I made my first polaroid style photo matte and love the way it turned out!



I also got around to completing fellow DT member, Tiffany's challenge #160 - complete a layout using a Let's Scrap sketch, the theme "Spring" and including buttons, flowers and hand journalling.  I decided to scrap some wedding photos of myself that I had previously left out of my wedding album because I felt I looked goofy and "fat".  Now, 13 years later, I just see a happy bride and wish I was that "fat" again, tee hee!!  We really are our own worst critics hey?!  Anyhow, here it is, I used Bella Blvd. "Love and Marriage" mixed with a few other Bella lines:




Well my scrappy peeps, that is all for today, I have some prep work to do for tomorrow's festivities!!!

Happy National Scrapbooking Weekend!!!

ANDIE :-)

2 comments:

Shirley Mijares Mascarina said...

Beautiful page! Great take on the sketch! I love the fun paper and bright summer colors. Adorable photos too! Love the washi flag, well done!

Wedding layout - another great page! Beautiful bride! Thanks for sharing.

Happy NSD and thank you so much for dropping by on my blog! Really appreciated.

Joy said...

You have been one busy crafter Andie. I love your wedding layout. Beautiful photos!!! So glad you were able join us at the crop.