Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Scrappy Catch Up!!

Whew!  All kids activities are done and over for the summer now, just a few weeks of school to go and then we can relax!!  So looking forward to it, the only down side will be that hubby won't get to relax until the fall - the joys of working in restaurant, summer is BUSY!!!

So first off, I'd like to share an update on my last post.  The kids all met at ATB Financial on Saturday morning to deposit the final amount of their fundraising efforts and all of those who joined in and lumped their fundraising funds in with the kids.  They deposited over $8200 and there is $300 in GC's to be given too!!!!


So super proud of these kids and EVERYONE in the community that helped out!!!  Looking forward to our community BBQ this Saturday to raise some more!!

Ok, now WHAT have I been up to in my craft room???  Well, it was National Scrapbooking Month in May, as you well know, and Let's Scrap hosted 36 Challenges and games throughout the month!!!  Now I could not possibly have done them all - though I sure would have liked to!  But I did get a handful done and I'd like to share them with you :-)  Just brace yourself, this is gonna be a long post!!

First layout I did for Design Team member, Tiffany's challenge 160 - so not for NSD, but I still wanted to do it :-)  The challenge was to use colour and B&W photos, and flowers (I think I remembered that correctly!). I had just dug out and unpacked my box of wedding albums and photos, and decided I was going to re-scrap some of my wedding pics - easy to do since most of my pics were in triplicate!!!





NSD Challenge #2 was a sketch by DT member Michelle - designed to be a 12 ages or stages layout.  I did 12 photos from 1997 - all moments that "changed everything"!!
Here is the sketch:


Here is my version:








Then I got to present a challenge as well - Challenge #4 - Bringing Back the Oldies!!  I challenged the members to create a layout taking inspiration from an "oldie" layout they'd done.  
Here is the layout I took my inspiration from:


I was inspired to update the multiple photos; border stickers; lots of stickers, and decorative scissors.  Here is what I came up with:


Instead of border stickers I used Washi tape; I still used lots of stickers, but clumped them in a more cohesive pattern.  I also "doodled" on my page too with some faux stitching.  A little bit of bling with some blue gems, instead of the shiny stickers!  And condensed my journalling!



 Challenge #20 was to put the scrap back into scrapbooking, and use at least 5 scrap pieces of paper.  I pulled out some more of the wedding photos and my Bella Blvd. scraps:






Challenge #5 was a sketch by DT member, Karen, and we were to scrap a photo of ourselves and journal about why we scrapbook.  Here is the sketch:



 And my version:




Hang in there, we are almost done for today!!  

Last layout is for Challenge #8.  Here we had to create a layout with only cardstock!  Starting with a non-white cardstock base we had to build with only inks, stamps, paint, mist, masks, templates, ribbon, twine, or jute only!  What a fun challenge this was and I was happier with my layout in the end then I thought I would be :-)  Was so nice to pull out my stamps again and get inky!!






Whew!!  That is it for today!!!  There are still some challenges happening over at Let's Scrap that are due June 7th, so I'll have some more to post :-)

Thanks for visiting and be sure to leave some love so I know you were here!!

Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)





2 comments:

Isbaha said...

Such beautiful layouts, love them ! The first one is so GORGEOUS !

Eniko said...

What a great post! I love all of your layouts...you have a real knack for groupings...such fun to see the close-ups! It's been such a fun month+ at Let's Scrap. You guys (new design team) have been rocking it in a big way. I'm still scrambling to get a few more layouts completed before the deadline...having a ball!