Friday, August 23, 2013

Ombre! Ombre! Ariba! Ariba!! Design Team Challenge and Design Team Call

Hello Scrap Happy Peeps!!!  It's the weekend, whoo hoo!!!!  And only one more weekend after this till the kids are back to school . . . I am not going to pretend to be sad about this, I am sooooo ready for them to be back, and quite honestly, I think they are too.  We've had a nice, full summer, and I've done my best to keep them busy, but I know they just miss their friends.  So the countdown is on!!

Today was my turn at coming up with a Design Team Challenge over at Let's Scrap, and I took to good old Pinterest for inspiration!  Although I've since been told that it's now OUT of style, I really love the Ombre style and wanted to translate it into my scrapbooking.  So that is the Challenge that I presented - incorporate Ombre style into a layout or card!  Simple, but oh so many ways to interpret this so I am excited to see what everyone comes up with :-)


Here are a few pics that inspired me:


(photo credits:  View Along the Way, 365 Days of Crafts (pants), and Photo Chambre (hair))




And here is the layout and card that I came up with:






Here I used my blending pen and Lagoon and Smoothie ink to colour in the "You" and give it that Ombre "dipped" look.  I have seen many talented CTMH gals do this with this stamp set (A True Thank You M1029, $2.95) and the NEW Framework Alphabet, E1027, $29.95 that I can't wait to get my hands on - and I just love the look!  Thank You to all those talented CTMH gals :-)



If you are a Let's Scrap member I hope you will check out the challenge and play along!  And if you are not a member - what are you waiting for??!!  Come on over and join in the FUN!!!  We even have a New Design Team Call out right now!!!  Here is the sketch for the Design Team call, but you'll have to head on over to the site to get the rest of the details :-)




 BUT HURRY!!!  The call ends on August 25th!!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

ANDIE :-)

PS.  Vision board posting has been postponed but is coming SOON!!!


No comments: