Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer Computer Vacation and Let's Scrap Catch Up

AH!!  Where has the summer gone?!  I took a little computer break as you may have noticed, and I gotta admit, it was nice :-)  Took the kids to Vancouver to visit family and friends and we had a wonderful time.  Got to meet my new little nephew too!!!  Was hard to say good-bye again, but we've settled back at home and are now getting ready for back to school - yikes!  September is always sooooo very busy, I have to psych myself up for it - starting NOW!  Two kids finally in full time school; hockey; dance; swimming; girl guides; and YMCA activities.  Gonna put my Mommy Van to the test :-)  Plus, I'm in search of a part time job - you know, to keep me busy ;-)

I did manage to get some scrapbooking done before I left on holidays though, for the Let's Scrap Design Team.  So let's catch up and share them today:

Sketch 7-31-13:


Initially I wanted to use Washi tape for this layout (doesn't it just scream Washi?!), but since I pre-prepped these photos and they didn't seem to fit with any of my Washi stock, I went with layering instead.  This worked out well as I used up much of my Superhero paper from CTMH!  A very busy and bold layout, but suits my busy and bold goofball of a son :-)





The superhero stickers are mainly Recollections, but I also used a couple SMASH tabs I'd had for quite awhile.



Sketch 8-7-13:


My version, which I split into two single layouts that work together - one of my DD getting makeup for her birthday, and the other of my two kids "posing" for a "nice" photo together!










The base paper for the above pages was from Sandylion - from a large stack I got from the outlet store in Toronto two years ago - it was nice to finally use it and it went really well with Bo Bunny's Surprise papers!  No "surprise" here that I like bold,, bright colours in my layouts!!

Sketch 8-14-13:


Love this sketch!!  I will use this one again for sure.  Decided to flip it to suit my photos here though:


Again I used up some old supplies (I'm on a mission!), and used Cosmo Cricket papers and quotes here.  Used the numbers down the side of the layout as embellishment - great way to use up all those extra numbers I've got from my LARGE supply of Thickers!!


 And who doesn't love a good Tim Holtz Distress Inks SPLAT here and there to add some punch to your page?!!  Thought it mixed well with the sand in the photos :-)



Lastly is this week's card sketch, 8-21-13 that I got home just in time to whip together!  Thank you Bella Blvd for having such awesome product to work with in a hurry!!





Kraft cardstock is CTMH; wooden button is Prima; black gems are Queen & Co.; and twine is unknown.  Love how cheerful this card is, and that it's generic so I can send it to anyone for any reason :-)

Ok, so that's a lot to share in one post so I'll sign off for now!!  Be back soon with a post on Vision Boards though - have you heard of these??

Happy Scrappin'!!

ANDIE :-)



1 comment:

Patti said...

Great stuff Andrea!! Thanks for always sharing. Looking forward to winter! LOL. :-)