Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Be-lated World Card Making Day, New LOAD Challenge, Some MOJO, And New Guest Design Team Member!!!

Welcome Fall!!!  My goodness I just LOVE the beautiful explosion of colour that Fall brings, definitely my favourite season!  Despite of the cold  and cough it always seems to bring on the minute I turn my heat on!  Kids and I were all hit with it this past week, but I seem to have gotten the worst of it and I think it was due to being already stressed and exhausted over the loss of my fur baby.  It's been two weeks today and I still miss her a ton and have my moments of tearing up, but each day is getting easier.  Needless to say, I have not gotten much scrapbooking done!!  At least not traditionally, I have been doing a lot of digital with CTMH's Studio J since I don't have to move much! **if you have not tried this program yet, you really should, it is soooo easy and fun and a great way to "catch up" on your scrapbooking ;-)  Signing up is FREE and you can play around making layouts to your hearts content - you will only pay for what you put in your cart and approve.  So login today and check it out! Just click on Products and scroll to Studio J :-)

This past Saturday was World Card Making Day, as many of you know, and I did manage to celebrate by making one card.  Let's Scrap started a WCMD Load Challenge that started on Saturday and goes till midnight Oct.31st - great way to get yourself going on some holiday cards and sharing them with others!!


Click HERE to check it out!

This is the card I got done, I'm going to give it to our Vet staff for being so wonderful to my fur baby and us during such a difficult time.  I also used up the last of some VERY old CTMH paper, which always feels good :-)



Now hopefully I can get more cards done this month and get a jump start on Christmas cards!  One great advantage I have for that is . . .  wait for it, it's AWESOME news . . . I'm Guest Designer over at Scrapbook Nerd!!!!!!  Whoo hoo!!!  So very excited about this, it is a FABULOUS Canadian Site - forum, gallery and store.  


I will be revealing 8 or more cards at the end of October, and then again at the end of November, so I hope you can jump on over and join us at Scrapbook Nerd!!!

Lastly, I'd just like to share a layout I did a couple weeks ago.  I was inspired by Mojo #311, which I know is a card sketch, but I turned it into a layout :-)  I used all Bella Blvd. products except the ink.  First time splattering with white ink and I really like the look!








This photo is from 1999 and is one of my favourites, and I am so happy with the way the layout turned out with it :-)  Bella Blvd. papers are just so cheerful and fun, perfect for the mood of the photo!

Thank you for dropping by, I am off to attempt some more cards!

Happy Scrappin'!!

ANDIE :-)








1 comment:

Eniko said...

Loving the Bella Blvd papers you used in your layout! Wonderful & inspiring post!