Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Online Crop Weekend With The Nerds!!

This past weekend the Nerds at Scrapbook Nerd hosted an online crop with an "Inspired By Pinterest" theme.  It was a weekend full of great challenges and games and I got a lot done!  Would love to share with you here :-)

Challenge #1 - Joy posted a video tutorial to make your own paper chevrons and at first it seemed a bit intimidating but once I got started it was actually quite simple and fun!  LOVE the way it turned out:



Added some faux stitching to the edges of the paper chevrons to make them pop a bit more.


I added a little bit of silver washi tape under the title area to make it stand out a bit more and blend with the silver star on the "shield".  Very happy with how it turned out!



With this layout I doubled up on challenges (two birds, one stone!) and used the October 2013 Sketchy Challenge sketch for Canadian Scrapbooker.  Here is the sketch:

As you can see I tweaked it a bit ;-)

Challenge #2 was to paint with mists, and I ran out of time to get this one done, but will definitely try this technique!

Challenge #3 was to create a monochromatic layout and this is what I came up with:

 
Other than the embellishments I used only cardstock, mist and washi tape for this layout.  So love the versatility of washi tape!!  My collection is definitely growing!





Challenge #4 - Pick a Pin and do it!!  Fleur challenged us to pick one of our pins and do it!  I chose a technique that I have been wanting to try - stamping with pencil erasers!  Here is the original photo I had pinned:


And this is what I created - and it was FUN to do!! 






Challenge #5 - Copy This Pin - Barb posted a layout that she had pinned on Pinterest and had wanted to copy, so she challenged us all to copy it.  Here is the layout we had to copy:


And here is what I did using Bella Blvd's Trick-Or-Treat collection (yes, again!) and my daughter's Zombie Princess pics from last Halloween:


Being that the whole theme of the crop was to be inspired by Pinterest, I decided I wanted to try another technique that I had pinned awhile back, it was a circle collection of brads as a main embellishment and looked sooooo neat!  I gave it a try and LOVE how it came out!!




Challenge #6 - You will have to tune in later this week because I used the Let's Scrap sketch that doesn't debut until tomorrow ;-)

There was also a pre-crop sketch challenge posted to the Scrapbook Nerd Facebook page earlier in the week.  Here is the sketch:



Loved it!  And here is what I came up with, getting some old photos of my son and my Dad together:





Tried some Stazon white ink right on my photo and think it's a neat look!  Kind of chalky.


Well now that was a good and long post for today!  Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to say hello in the comments so I know you were here :-)

Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)






9 comments:

Pammie said...

Andrea I'm so in awe of all the challenges you completed and how freaking artdy fartdy you are!!!!!! Love ALL OF IT and really love the brad circle.

Michelle said...

I really love your style Andie! My favorite is the Captain America LO! I can't wait to try out that ink technique!

Barbara said...

I love all the layouts you did for the crop. You're work is gorgeous.

Amanda said...

I love the pencil top idea!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layouts, I love the captain America layout with the chevrons :)

Sarah said...

Holy woman! You got your scrap on for sure!! I love the layouts that you made! The captain america one I think is my fav!

Andrea Green said...

Thanks, everyone!! The Captain America one is my fave too, and was sure fun to make!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow!!! You are awesome! Fabulous work and so much here I just can't get over all you accomplished!