Monday, November 4, 2013

New Addition and Scrapbook Nerd October Guest Designer Cards!

Well I am a little late posting this - things got crazy busy around The Green house this week - we got a new puppy!!  We were not expecting to bring a puppy home for a few months, but got the call last weekend that one had come available and we could pick her up this past weekend . . . so we did!!  So first thing first, here is my new baby girl, Miss Roxy!!



Isn't she adorable??!!  It's a good thing she is so cute too, cuz she is not letting us getting much rest right now!!  For an 8 week old puppy though, she is settling in really well and adjusting to her new home and family - and she is already house trained!!
My kids are LOVING having a new puppy - best "toy" ever!

Now on to the scrappy portion of this post!

I was thrilled to be asked by Scrapbook Nerd to be their Guest Designer for the months of October and November!!!  Last week was my first reveal week, where I got to show off the cards I made with all the wonderful goodies I got to play with!

For October I got to play with Crate Paper's The Pier, and got to show off it's great versatility - it's not just for summer!!  Here are the cards I created:


I used the gold baker's twine by Crate Paper to create a multi-loop flower and topped it off with some Mother of Pearl bling!




I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz "Vintage Photo" distress ink, but you could use any light brown ink.  The "happy birthday" sentiment is stamped first in a pink ink, and then again with a brown ink just slightly off the first stamped image to give a shadowed look.


LOVED the gold sequins included in The Pier Ephemera pack - perfect touch for some fall cards!


The Freckled Fawn wooden frames were especially awesome, as the words "Favorite" and "Hello" were not only cut into the frames but the negative letters were included as well!  I used the "Hello" letters here, as well as the heart:


The Nerds challenged their designers for the month of October to use journalling cards for something other than journalling - this was super easy to do with cards, I just layered complimentary cards onto my card base, stamped and embellished!  Great way to make some quick cards!


This one was my personal favourite, I just loved the colour combination - and that "Enjoy Every Moment" Chic Tag!!


I also created some 6x6 cards, this gave me a bigger canvas to include more of the great pieces from The Pier Ephemera pack, as well as all the amazing stamp sets I got to use!  I sooooo love the Hero Arts "Brush Strokes" set - perfect set to "mess" things up a bit and add that final touch!




My first time working with a sheet of Crate Paper's washi paper, and oh what a clever product!  So many patterns of washi tape in one 12"x12" sheet equals endless possibilities!!!



Hope you enjoyed viewing these cards as much as I enjoyed creating them, and remember to see past the theme of your papers/collections and open up so many creative possibilities!

Like what you see?  Check out the store at Scrapbook Nerd to get all these great products and so much more!!



Happy Scrappin'!!

Andie :-)






3 comments:

Amanda said...

She's so cute! Love the cards too.

Maureen said...

Love the cards-- great ensemble!

ericarose said...

Beautiful Cards!!! I miss all you nerds in the forum!! I must check in soon!!