Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bring It On 2014!! Happy New Year!!

 Happy New Year my friends!!  One week down, 51 to go!


I'm jumping on the "Fresh Start" bandwagon this New Year.  I know, I said the same thing last year and I did not make all the changes I had hoped too - BUT the point is, I did make some happen AND I'm not giving up on the rest!  Keep on keeping on, right?!


Another bandwagon I'm jumping on is the "One Little Word" for your year ahead.  My word is Healthy.  My focus in 2014 will be on getting Healthy in all aspects of my life.  Healthy eating, healthy living, healthy thinking, healthy habits, healthy relationships - you get the idea :-)  Admittedly I am not off to a great start this week (I love my chocolate and my naps!) but I WILL get there, step by step, bit by bit!


A few months ago I made a Vision Board (see post HERE), and as my "resolution" and part of my focus on Healthy, I took a good long look at this board again reminding myself of all I had set my sights on.  It was incredibly rewarding to see those that I had already accomplished (I got a job in the scrapbooking industry and I am being published again next month!), and motivating to know that the rest I can still attain.  This board is right beside my bed so it is the first thing I see in the morning and the last I see at night!

How about you - did you make any resolutions or set any goals for this year that you'd like to share?  Sharing is great accountability :-)

Now scrapbooking goals!  I did really well last year with completing my layouts that I started so I am continuing on with that goal and setting a personal goal of 100 COMPLETED layouts in 2014.  These are layouts I do for my personal albums, not for sale of classes.  I added a ticker to the blog to help me count and keep track - if you are setting a similar goal consider adding one of these tickers to your blog too :-)

My other scrappy goal is to fill my classes at Scrap Addicts!  I am LOVING my job as an instructor for this great new store and I look forward to seeing my class seats fill more and more each time :-)
Stay tuned for sneak peeks of my first two classes of 2014!

Sadly, I decided to not re-apply for the Let's Scrap design team this term in order to dedicate more time to my classes at Scrap Addicts, and I will miss being a part of this incredible team.  I will still be hanging around Let's Scrap though - LOVE their sketches and the great friendships I've made there.  AND speaking of which, let's take a look at the year's first sketch and my first two completed layouts!!


Since I notoriously always have more photos than the sketch calls for (trigger happy with my camera, what can I say!), I tweaked the sketch slightly to add more photos but still stuck pretty close to it.
Are you a linear scrapper like I am most of the time?  A sure fire way to "spice" things up on a linear page - without getting to crazy! - is to put a couple photos on an angle.  Simple way to draw attention to your layout yet stay tidy.




I used Bo Bunny's "Powder Mountain" collection - last winter's release I believe.  I LOVE the chipboard snowflakes and the wood grain background paper!  Bo Bunny always has a great winter paper :-)
I also used some of Studio Calico's Mistable snowflakes, but left them plain.  The white just seemed to stand out best on this layout, and I love the texture of them.


For my photos I decided to sand the edges rather than matte them.  This made it easier to fit more photos and the white edges help them pop against the navy.  Sanding edges takes some time but is so worth it!



I had a few Mother of Pearl gems by Want 2 Scrap left over from my Scrapbook Nerd DT kit and decided to add them - I think they look like snowballs!!  Great last minute addition that made the layout feel finished to me :-)  .  Some silver glitter tape and glitter brads (retired) from CTMH also added to the glistening snow effect I aimed for (ok, unintentionally, but I can still take credit!).



A great scrappy start to my 2014!

I wish you all the very best in the coming year and thank you for visiting my scrap happy place :-)

Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)






 



3 comments:

Andrea Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Wow! I love how you were able to fit all those photos on your layout without it looking overcrowded! Wonderful job!

Val Thorpe said...

Great things ahead for you this year darlin... I am also sad that you didn't re-apply at LS but I know where to find you and I will be watching with anticipation at all the great stuff that you do.
<3