Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Notes for my Valentine's! Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Do you celebrate this "Hallmark Holiday" or pass it off as just another day?  I'm a little bit of both.  Hubby and I do not do the whole gifts or anything with each other, it's just another day (plus he works restaurant so he's not likely to be home!), but we do get little gifts for the kids and enjoy putting together their Valentine treats for their classes.  They like the store bought character cards so I thankfully do not have to make any - both have large classes and multiple teachers so it's up to 60 this year!), but we did do little plastic baggies of conversation hearts to hand out with their store bought cards (Skylanders for DS and Cupcakes for DD).

My Valentine tradition though, is taking pictures of the kids in their red and white outfits for the day and all their cards and treats as they open and sort thru them :-)  This gives me an excuse to do a Valentine layout with some of that oh so beautiful themed paper!!  What I loved about some of the lines out this year was that you do not have to use them for Valentine's alone, they are much more versatile.  I, however, stuck with the Valentine theme and used Crate Paper's Love Notes for my layout, which I also did with four cards for a class at Scrap Addicts this month:


LOVED those large accordian flowers!!!  And I paired some Heidi Swapp translucent letters with this Love Notes collection, they look like they were made to go together :-)





In addition to the layout, we did four 6x6 cards as well, great for Valentine's but can be for any occasion that calls for telling someone how much you love them :-)

I had fun going thru the leftover Heidi Swapp letters to come up with sentiments for the cards too!






Isn't that cassette tape adorable??!!  Hubby and I are old enough to appreciate the mix tape reference, maybe I will give him a card this year after all ;-)

So whether you celebrate this day or not - hug someone you love and feel blessed!

Happy Scrappin'!!

ANDIE :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Holy Andie!! I'm loving all of these projects! Those rosettes are awesome!! Think I might have I make some tonight! Hubs and I are like you, but even though we don't buy each other fancy thing my husband can't help himself and he has to get me flowers and chocolate usually ;) I like to sneak a little chocolate into his lunch if he's working. We like giving the kids little stuffies and some chocolate too :) Ethan this year decided he DID want handmade valentines for his class, but thankfully there's only 20 kids!! Wow! Ya like this novel of a comment?! Happy V day!!