Thursday, July 10, 2014

Messing with Mixed Media! Double Layout and Let's Scrap Sketch

When Scrap Addicts began carrying the fabulous Blue Fern chipboard, I instantly fell in love!  The various sized circles with circles in them caught my eye right away and I snatched it up but it's been sitting in my craft room ever since - a mix of a shortage on time to scrap and too scared to use a product I love so much!  I mean, what if I can't get more?!  Admit it, you've all been there too!

Anyhow, when I saw this week's Let's Scrap sketch I knew it would be the perfect time to use some of this awesome chipboard.


And then I got really brave . . . and decided to try out a mixed media layout!  I have been dabbling in MM at the store, learning from my fellow talented co-workers, and of course loading up my Pinterest board!  Now was time to put it all in play . . .

I began with covering two sheets of 12"x12" cardstock with gesso, then adhered crumpled strips of magazines pages with gel matte medium, and again covering with gesso.  This was a process I did throughout the day so it was a mix of heat dry and air dry, fyi.

Next I sponge painted with three different colours of acrylic paint - a rose, lilac and blue.  This is the next investment I need to make, some new acrylic paint since these are so old I could not tell you the colours or manufacturer anymore!

Lastly, I used a stencil and molding paste in a few random spots, then random stamped with two different stamps and two different ink colours (blue and chocolate).  The chipboard I embossed with white.  Here is a glimpse at a section before adding photos and embellishments so you can see the texture I created:


And here is the finished product:





Continuing with the textures on this page I distressed the edges of my brown cardstock, using Close To My Heart cardstock with a white core, and I sanded the edges of all the photos.
** started to rain just as I was photographing this layout so don't mind the rain drops on the photos - don't worry, I got them dried quickly with no damage :-)




Not too bad for a relative beginner, I am quite happy with how it turned out and thoroughly enjoyed getting messy in the process!  Thank you for popping by and I hope this inspires you to get messy too!

Happy Scrappin'!

ANDIE :-)

2 comments:

pammie said...

<3 this

Andrea Green said...

Thanks, Pammie!! :-)